Skip to main content

Oven Roasted Lemon Chicken

Happy Tasty Tuesday to all my followers. I hope you enjoyed the videos on how to break down a chicken. I'll start posting more videos to help with tips and tricks. 

Sunday dinners are a big thing at our house and even more during Game of Thrones! I made a roasted chicken this week it was juicy and perfect for a Sunday night and you may not believe me it's not a hard item to cook. 

What you will need: 

1 whole chicken 5-6 lbs 
1 lemon 
1/2 cup butter cold 
Herbs 
Salt and pepper 
Carrots 
Potatoes 
Onion
Garlic
1 cup white wine 
Corn starch 

Take the chicken out of the packaging and clean the chicken. Make sure all the 'insides' are out of the chicken and that it is trimmed and dry.  Set the chicken aside 

Take the herbs (I used parsley, basil and tarragon) and blend them with the cold butter in a small bowl. Then rub the butter all over the chicken under the skin and inside the cavity. I then salt and peppered the chicken all over.  Cut the lemon and run under the skin a few pieces on the spine of the chicken. Place chicken on the roasting rack. 

Cut up all your veggies I used purple, yellow and white sweet potatoes along with heirloom baby carrots. A large onion and 3 cloves of garlic. I want you to use what you like, if you want to use regular potatoes go for it! 

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, then in the roasting pan add 1 cup of white wine and oil to the bottom of the pan. Place the chicken alone in the over and cook for 25 mins a pound. 

At the half way point add the veggies to the roasting pan. You may want to add some water to the pan at this point as well. It will depend on if you feel like the liquid has evaporated. Continuing cooking till chicken is at 165 degrees internal temp. 

Pull chicken out and let it rest, for at least 15 mins or longer if you can. You will then want to remove the chicken and veggies from the roasting pan, leave all the Chicken 'juice' and place on the heat. Then take a couple teaspoons of corn starch and water then add that to the juice to make a gravy. Cook and stir for a few minutes till it thickens. 

Break down the chicken and serve with the vegetables and gravy. You can serve it family style or plate it up. 

Just remember it's not that hard to make a great meal for you family and takes little time to make something filling and healthy. 

Fun, food, and best Eats!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kula the Revolving Sushi Bar

If I say Sushi, what would you say? YES! Is the only correct answer.  I had the pleasure of eating at the newest Sushi place in Doraville this week, called  Kula  it is an international brand, with 400 restaurants in Japan and this is the 13th revolving sushi bar in the US. They have places in California, Texas, and now Georgia.  Hosted by Davo Eda, the Public Relations Manager, he was so kind to invite me in to see the new place. He even let me bring a friend, so of course I brought my favorite lady Callie, to help me eat and take pictures.  We were introduced to Mr. Fresh, it is the plate holder for the conveyor belt, "he" holds the green plates of food and treats. There was a tutorial of how to grab the food from the belt, as well as how to order from the menu and dispose of your plates. Mr. Fresh keeps the food germ free, has a chip in it for timing and every 2 hours he lets a specialists know it is time to throw the food out. This ...

Jimmy's Mexican Steakhouse

I am so excited for this write up today! My love for meat, spice, and a good patio is know to most of you. If you don't know this about me, then please read previous posts.  Jimmy's Mexican Steakhouse  is the newest of many restaurants opening in the area, and as a gringo from the area I say THANK YOU! I have been saying for a while that I would love a place with a good atmosphere, TV's for sports, good if not great food, and drink specials. Well, that is exactly what Jimmy's is.   It is named after owner, Jimmy, a retired Dekalb county police officer, he has been in the business of night clubs and restaurants for over a decade. Jimmy's is his 4th opening, but, first with this feel to it.  When you first enter the restaurant, you know what you are getting in to. From the authentic art on the walls and decor, you can see the details and love put in to this place. The bar is raised above the setting area and is amazing. Tall bar stools, d...