Skip to main content

JCT Kitchen and Sunday Supper

During the holiday season Derek and I decided to go back to JCT. We have been there before dinner and drinks for my birthday which was great! 
Sunday Supper is a great idea the JCT does. A course menu for under $30. It's such a great idea! First things first, make a reservation while you can sit at the bar for dinner table side service is very nice and there is always a long wait! So please make a reservation! 
Second, get there early. This helps with two items one it's nice for the staff to have you checked in ahead of time for seating rotation. Two you can sit at the bar and get a craft cocktail from one of the knowledgeable bartenders. 
So we sit down and order our meal. Everyone starts with homemade biscuits and jam. And a course of devil eggs. Our biscuits came out late due to running out (they are that good) and the first round of the biscuits where over cooked but replaced quickly! The eggs are fantastic all what you need and just like moms only a lot better! Don't tell mom! 
Then the next course is a farmers salad. Changes with what is in season. Ours had my favorite goat cheese and watermelon radish! 
You split all these courses and your sides with you partner. But the entree is all yours so I ordered the quail! Roasted , cripy skins and veggies I loved every stich of it! And Derek got the trout, a favorite of his. We also picked some sides collards and Mac n CHZ both fantastic! The collards had a nice season to them and a taste of vinegar in the background. The Mac n chez was creamy and payed w a blend of cheese. 
Our dessert was a spin on Apple pie with  homemade ice cream. 
We are enjoyed the staff and food and even went back to the bar after dinner for more drinks! 
The best Sunday dinner in town unless you are eating at my place haha! Go to JCT and make a new Sunday Funday tradition!! I know we have! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kula the Revolving Sushi Bar

If I say Sushi, what would you say? YES! Is the only correct answer.  I had the pleasure of eating at the newest Sushi place in Doraville this week, called  Kula  it is an international brand, with 400 restaurants in Japan and this is the 13th revolving sushi bar in the US. They have places in California, Texas, and now Georgia.  Hosted by Davo Eda, the Public Relations Manager, he was so kind to invite me in to see the new place. He even let me bring a friend, so of course I brought my favorite lady Callie, to help me eat and take pictures.  We were introduced to Mr. Fresh, it is the plate holder for the conveyor belt, "he" holds the green plates of food and treats. There was a tutorial of how to grab the food from the belt, as well as how to order from the menu and dispose of your plates. Mr. Fresh keeps the food germ free, has a chip in it for timing and every 2 hours he lets a specialists know it is time to throw the food out. This ...

Jimmy's Mexican Steakhouse

I am so excited for this write up today! My love for meat, spice, and a good patio is know to most of you. If you don't know this about me, then please read previous posts.  Jimmy's Mexican Steakhouse  is the newest of many restaurants opening in the area, and as a gringo from the area I say THANK YOU! I have been saying for a while that I would love a place with a good atmosphere, TV's for sports, good if not great food, and drink specials. Well, that is exactly what Jimmy's is.   It is named after owner, Jimmy, a retired Dekalb county police officer, he has been in the business of night clubs and restaurants for over a decade. Jimmy's is his 4th opening, but, first with this feel to it.  When you first enter the restaurant, you know what you are getting in to. From the authentic art on the walls and decor, you can see the details and love put in to this place. The bar is raised above the setting area and is amazing. Tall bar stools, d...

Oven Roasted Lemon Chicken

Happy Tasty Tuesday to all my followers. I hope you enjoyed the videos on how to break down a chicken. I'll start posting more videos to help with tips and tricks.  Sunday dinners are a big thing at our house and even more during Game of Thrones! I made a roasted chicken this week it was juicy and perfect for a Sunday night and you may not believe me it's not a hard item to cook.  What you will need:  1 whole chicken 5-6 lbs  1 lemon  1/2 cup butter cold  Herbs  Salt and pepper  Carrots  Potatoes  Onion Garlic 1 cup white wine  Corn starch  Take the chicken out of the packaging and clean the chicken. Make sure all the 'insides' are out of the chicken and that it is trimmed and dry.  Set the chicken aside  Take the herbs (I used parsley, basil and tarragon) and blend them with the cold butter in a small bowl. Then rub the butter all over the chicken under the skin and inside t...