Skip to main content

Dinner at Home Can Be Great

I love a Sunday dinner as I'm sure you do. Growing up my family would get together and make dinner, the smells of my favorite food all in the air. The sounds of the men in the back room watching TV. As a little girl I never understood why my grandmother and mother would do it. All the stress and all the clean up. But as I grew I learned that they enjoyed it. All of it. From the prep (sometimes the night before) to the smiles on our faces and the talk at the table. They enjoyed every minute! 

 And now I try to do this as often as I can in my own home. Now my house rarely has the amount of people it did as a child. But, I feel that Sunday dinner is still very important. 

So here we are. It's Sunday and the air is crisp you can tell the change in season is happening. A glass of wine and an open window for a breeze is all you want. 
I love a meatball. Might be abovious by the title of my blog, but I do I love a meatball. 

A traditional meatball should have a perfect combo of ground pork, veal, and beef. But this day and age you can add anything you want. I'm attempting this better for me diet so I went strait turkey. I'm guessing at this point you would want me to give me the recipe for my yum yum meatballs. While I would love so much to do so. I hate to disappoint. Truly....but a family recipe is that for a reason. So if you want to know how I make my meatballs you will need to come and join me in my kitchen. My grandmother told me once that the best recipes are only shared with those who share your kitchen. In her honor I will abide.  I will however show pictures of all my meatball madness. =} 

And because I love all if you so much I'll even show you a secret to my red sauce...'gravy' in some cities. I roast my veggies it gives a great flavor to the sauce. 

It's not hard to make a great dinner any night of the week, but what would happen if we started all our weeks with the ones we loved? What would your week be like if you started it with a full belly, a smile, and a story to tell someone next Sunday! 

Make Sunday dinner any way you can! 

And I didn't forget a summer caprise salad! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kula the Revolving Sushi Bar

If I say Sushi, what would you say? YES! Is the only correct answer.  I had the pleasure of eating at the newest Sushi place in Doraville this week, called  Kula  it is an international brand, with 400 restaurants in Japan and this is the 13th revolving sushi bar in the US. They have places in California, Texas, and now Georgia.  Hosted by Davo Eda, the Public Relations Manager, he was so kind to invite me in to see the new place. He even let me bring a friend, so of course I brought my favorite lady Callie, to help me eat and take pictures.  We were introduced to Mr. Fresh, it is the plate holder for the conveyor belt, "he" holds the green plates of food and treats. There was a tutorial of how to grab the food from the belt, as well as how to order from the menu and dispose of your plates. Mr. Fresh keeps the food germ free, has a chip in it for timing and every 2 hours he lets a specialists know it is time to throw the food out. This ...

Oven Roasted Lemon Chicken

Happy Tasty Tuesday to all my followers. I hope you enjoyed the videos on how to break down a chicken. I'll start posting more videos to help with tips and tricks.  Sunday dinners are a big thing at our house and even more during Game of Thrones! I made a roasted chicken this week it was juicy and perfect for a Sunday night and you may not believe me it's not a hard item to cook.  What you will need:  1 whole chicken 5-6 lbs  1 lemon  1/2 cup butter cold  Herbs  Salt and pepper  Carrots  Potatoes  Onion Garlic 1 cup white wine  Corn starch  Take the chicken out of the packaging and clean the chicken. Make sure all the 'insides' are out of the chicken and that it is trimmed and dry.  Set the chicken aside  Take the herbs (I used parsley, basil and tarragon) and blend them with the cold butter in a small bowl. Then rub the butter all over the chicken under the skin and inside t...

Jimmy's Mexican Steakhouse

I am so excited for this write up today! My love for meat, spice, and a good patio is know to most of you. If you don't know this about me, then please read previous posts.  Jimmy's Mexican Steakhouse  is the newest of many restaurants opening in the area, and as a gringo from the area I say THANK YOU! I have been saying for a while that I would love a place with a good atmosphere, TV's for sports, good if not great food, and drink specials. Well, that is exactly what Jimmy's is.   It is named after owner, Jimmy, a retired Dekalb county police officer, he has been in the business of night clubs and restaurants for over a decade. Jimmy's is his 4th opening, but, first with this feel to it.  When you first enter the restaurant, you know what you are getting in to. From the authentic art on the walls and decor, you can see the details and love put in to this place. The bar is raised above the setting area and is amazing. Tall bar stools, d...