Skip to main content

Vino Venue a night out in Dunwoody

There are to many nights the Viking and I get to go out, but when we do we love to visit a new place. 



A couple weeks ago before all the crazy of that little storm called #Irma we went out for a little wine and dinner. Neither of us had been to Vino Venue so we wanted to give it a try. I am so glad we did. The restaurant is open and welcoming with a mix of high top family style setting, private tables for smaller groups a patio with a few tables to sit at, a room for private parties and a bar. 


Since we had not been before and wanted to be able to ask questions we sat at the bar. The menu was a blend of little bites and full plates and you could eat lobster mac if you wanted to indulge in something rich or have an heirloom tomato burrata salad if you are trying to eat better. I even decided to have a rich and creamy chocolate desert along with a creme brûlée it was worth every calorie. This is a place of relax and enjoy so please take the time to eat here, understand there are some restaurants to be in and out in 40 minutes but places like this deserve your time. 



We picked a few of the smaller plates and a sandwich and decided to share. I also tried the flight this includes 3 bites of menu items and 3 wines to go with all under $15. It was a really great deal and a wonderful way to drink a few new wines and try a few new food items. 


Vino Venue is located at 4478 Chamblee Dunwoody rd in the Georgetown Shopping center. 



They are open for lunch and dinner as well as offer some events in their restaurant. Please go by and support a lovely local business. 

Best Eats! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kula the Revolving Sushi Bar

If I say Sushi, what would you say? YES! Is the only correct answer.  I had the pleasure of eating at the newest Sushi place in Doraville this week, called  Kula  it is an international brand, with 400 restaurants in Japan and this is the 13th revolving sushi bar in the US. They have places in California, Texas, and now Georgia.  Hosted by Davo Eda, the Public Relations Manager, he was so kind to invite me in to see the new place. He even let me bring a friend, so of course I brought my favorite lady Callie, to help me eat and take pictures.  We were introduced to Mr. Fresh, it is the plate holder for the conveyor belt, "he" holds the green plates of food and treats. There was a tutorial of how to grab the food from the belt, as well as how to order from the menu and dispose of your plates. Mr. Fresh keeps the food germ free, has a chip in it for timing and every 2 hours he lets a specialists know it is time to throw the food out. This ...

Oven Roasted Lemon Chicken

Happy Tasty Tuesday to all my followers. I hope you enjoyed the videos on how to break down a chicken. I'll start posting more videos to help with tips and tricks.  Sunday dinners are a big thing at our house and even more during Game of Thrones! I made a roasted chicken this week it was juicy and perfect for a Sunday night and you may not believe me it's not a hard item to cook.  What you will need:  1 whole chicken 5-6 lbs  1 lemon  1/2 cup butter cold  Herbs  Salt and pepper  Carrots  Potatoes  Onion Garlic 1 cup white wine  Corn starch  Take the chicken out of the packaging and clean the chicken. Make sure all the 'insides' are out of the chicken and that it is trimmed and dry.  Set the chicken aside  Take the herbs (I used parsley, basil and tarragon) and blend them with the cold butter in a small bowl. Then rub the butter all over the chicken under the skin and inside t...

Jimmy's Mexican Steakhouse

I am so excited for this write up today! My love for meat, spice, and a good patio is know to most of you. If you don't know this about me, then please read previous posts.  Jimmy's Mexican Steakhouse  is the newest of many restaurants opening in the area, and as a gringo from the area I say THANK YOU! I have been saying for a while that I would love a place with a good atmosphere, TV's for sports, good if not great food, and drink specials. Well, that is exactly what Jimmy's is.   It is named after owner, Jimmy, a retired Dekalb county police officer, he has been in the business of night clubs and restaurants for over a decade. Jimmy's is his 4th opening, but, first with this feel to it.  When you first enter the restaurant, you know what you are getting in to. From the authentic art on the walls and decor, you can see the details and love put in to this place. The bar is raised above the setting area and is amazing. Tall bar stools, d...