Skip to main content

An Anniversary to Remember at 4th and Swift

Celebrating any special occasion calls for a night out! And this night was no different from any others! 
The Viking and I have been together for a year. And almost that whole time I've been talking about how I want to eat at 4th and Swift. So he made it happen. 
He made reservations for the two of us on a Sunday night, if I haven't given this tip before. Go to your favorite places on Sunday's the restaurant is quiet the service is always great and more often than not you get to met the chef. They aren't as busy and have the ability to walk the floor! 
We start with a couple of house cocktails, one with a twist on a classic and a martini that was infused w beets. The Viking didn't like that one so I drank it. No problems there. 
We then had a couple of appetizers as always if you have octopus on your menu I will order. So we did. And some artesian meats. So tasty! 
I decided on the duck lets just say this is a must try. Juicy served medium with spring veggies it was perfect in every way. The skin was fatty and crisp. 
The Viking had Three little Pigs (I think that's what it's called) it's pork 3 ways! He ate every bite and almost didn't want to share! We also got a side of the fingerling potatoes w goat cheese. OMG! 
Finished the night w something sweet! The desserts rotate so go with what's fresh! 
All in al the night was great the server was friendly and helpful the host took our picture and I even got a compliment from another table about how great I looked in my dress! So yay me! 
Go out on a Sunday night and support your local chefs and their staff! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kula the Revolving Sushi Bar

If I say Sushi, what would you say? YES! Is the only correct answer.  I had the pleasure of eating at the newest Sushi place in Doraville this week, called  Kula  it is an international brand, with 400 restaurants in Japan and this is the 13th revolving sushi bar in the US. They have places in California, Texas, and now Georgia.  Hosted by Davo Eda, the Public Relations Manager, he was so kind to invite me in to see the new place. He even let me bring a friend, so of course I brought my favorite lady Callie, to help me eat and take pictures.  We were introduced to Mr. Fresh, it is the plate holder for the conveyor belt, "he" holds the green plates of food and treats. There was a tutorial of how to grab the food from the belt, as well as how to order from the menu and dispose of your plates. Mr. Fresh keeps the food germ free, has a chip in it for timing and every 2 hours he lets a specialists know it is time to throw the food out. This ...

Jimmy's Mexican Steakhouse

I am so excited for this write up today! My love for meat, spice, and a good patio is know to most of you. If you don't know this about me, then please read previous posts.  Jimmy's Mexican Steakhouse  is the newest of many restaurants opening in the area, and as a gringo from the area I say THANK YOU! I have been saying for a while that I would love a place with a good atmosphere, TV's for sports, good if not great food, and drink specials. Well, that is exactly what Jimmy's is.   It is named after owner, Jimmy, a retired Dekalb county police officer, he has been in the business of night clubs and restaurants for over a decade. Jimmy's is his 4th opening, but, first with this feel to it.  When you first enter the restaurant, you know what you are getting in to. From the authentic art on the walls and decor, you can see the details and love put in to this place. The bar is raised above the setting area and is amazing. Tall bar stools, d...

Oven Roasted Lemon Chicken

Happy Tasty Tuesday to all my followers. I hope you enjoyed the videos on how to break down a chicken. I'll start posting more videos to help with tips and tricks.  Sunday dinners are a big thing at our house and even more during Game of Thrones! I made a roasted chicken this week it was juicy and perfect for a Sunday night and you may not believe me it's not a hard item to cook.  What you will need:  1 whole chicken 5-6 lbs  1 lemon  1/2 cup butter cold  Herbs  Salt and pepper  Carrots  Potatoes  Onion Garlic 1 cup white wine  Corn starch  Take the chicken out of the packaging and clean the chicken. Make sure all the 'insides' are out of the chicken and that it is trimmed and dry.  Set the chicken aside  Take the herbs (I used parsley, basil and tarragon) and blend them with the cold butter in a small bowl. Then rub the butter all over the chicken under the skin and inside t...