Skip to main content

Goodbye to a Friend

I'm There are times in your life where it seems you are at someone's going away party. Friends get new jobs, they marry, or even leave for school. All kinds of reasons for a move. Some friends you throw a party some friends you take to a bar and some its a nice dinner. My friend Laurie is moving out of state for a new job. I wanted to give her a foodie night out so I did some research and found a new place Endive Publik House at 1468 Mecaslin St NW, Atlanta, GA 30309. 

It's new opened in March and is only open Thursday thru Saturday. I recommend making reservations this place is smaller and has few seats. The menu is inventive and fresh. Some foodie plates for those of you that want to expand your palette and some go tos for those of you that would never eat 'that'. What ever that may be. 

We started with a bottle of red wine a Pinot Nior recommended by our sever.  Two appetizers a Trio plate of dips with homemade chips and pickled vegetables. We also had a Fig and blue cheese flat bread. Both had flavor and punch. The flatbread was crispy and warm the blue cheese was strong I loved  it but if you are not a blue person pass on this. 

We each ordered a meal. My friend had the Sea Bass my date had the Korean BBQ and I ordered the Steak.  Each had their own Sadie. But I did order fits for the table. Right like I would share grits. Each meal was prepared to near perfection. Individual sauces and sides. We all shared our plates. And I of course took the grits home with me. I love leftovers. 

We shared room for the desert plate. It's only $6 and changes weekly. A trio of sweets placed on the table that finish the meal of the right way! It was so good we asked to speak to the pastry chef. She was so sweet to come and talk with us about her creations and even shared a secret with us about baking. Which I will not share go in and speak with her! 

Don't let this one get away folks get your RSVP in and take a night off to the side streets of Atlanta and eat at Endive Publik House. Happy Eats! 

Comments

  1. I completely agree with you, Berni! What better way to say goodbye to a friend than to take her out on a great dinner, right? Anyway, the restaurant sounds heavenly, and the food looks amazing. I'm sure that's a dinner your friend will never forget. Thank you so much for sharing that. All the best!

    Lawrence Neal @ Prime-13

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lawrence, thank you for reading my blog, I hope you are still reading.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kula the Revolving Sushi Bar

If I say Sushi, what would you say? YES! Is the only correct answer.  I had the pleasure of eating at the newest Sushi place in Doraville this week, called  Kula  it is an international brand, with 400 restaurants in Japan and this is the 13th revolving sushi bar in the US. They have places in California, Texas, and now Georgia.  Hosted by Davo Eda, the Public Relations Manager, he was so kind to invite me in to see the new place. He even let me bring a friend, so of course I brought my favorite lady Callie, to help me eat and take pictures.  We were introduced to Mr. Fresh, it is the plate holder for the conveyor belt, "he" holds the green plates of food and treats. There was a tutorial of how to grab the food from the belt, as well as how to order from the menu and dispose of your plates. Mr. Fresh keeps the food germ free, has a chip in it for timing and every 2 hours he lets a specialists know it is time to throw the food out. This ...

Jimmy's Mexican Steakhouse

I am so excited for this write up today! My love for meat, spice, and a good patio is know to most of you. If you don't know this about me, then please read previous posts.  Jimmy's Mexican Steakhouse  is the newest of many restaurants opening in the area, and as a gringo from the area I say THANK YOU! I have been saying for a while that I would love a place with a good atmosphere, TV's for sports, good if not great food, and drink specials. Well, that is exactly what Jimmy's is.   It is named after owner, Jimmy, a retired Dekalb county police officer, he has been in the business of night clubs and restaurants for over a decade. Jimmy's is his 4th opening, but, first with this feel to it.  When you first enter the restaurant, you know what you are getting in to. From the authentic art on the walls and decor, you can see the details and love put in to this place. The bar is raised above the setting area and is amazing. Tall bar stools, d...

Oven Roasted Lemon Chicken

Happy Tasty Tuesday to all my followers. I hope you enjoyed the videos on how to break down a chicken. I'll start posting more videos to help with tips and tricks.  Sunday dinners are a big thing at our house and even more during Game of Thrones! I made a roasted chicken this week it was juicy and perfect for a Sunday night and you may not believe me it's not a hard item to cook.  What you will need:  1 whole chicken 5-6 lbs  1 lemon  1/2 cup butter cold  Herbs  Salt and pepper  Carrots  Potatoes  Onion Garlic 1 cup white wine  Corn starch  Take the chicken out of the packaging and clean the chicken. Make sure all the 'insides' are out of the chicken and that it is trimmed and dry.  Set the chicken aside  Take the herbs (I used parsley, basil and tarragon) and blend them with the cold butter in a small bowl. Then rub the butter all over the chicken under the skin and inside t...